Job Title: Director of Research
Working For: Survation Ltd
Location: Central London
Salary: £40,000-£50,000 depending on skills & experience
We are recruiting for a new Director of Research to lead our research team and expand our social, political and commercial market research activities. Successful applicant will report directly to the Chief Executive.
- Upholding and further developing Survation’s methodology for telephone, online, and face-to-face research.
- Managing the day-to-day activities of the research team, supervising the data collection, weighting and tabulation of polls.
- Building client relationships in the public, private and third sectors to continue to expand Survation’s client base.
- Writing articles and more substantive research reports, giving presentations at conferences and other events, being available for radio and television interviews about poll findings.
- Being part of the company management team, working to develop and grow the business
You will be a confident and motivated professional with experience of commercial market research, political and social research or academic sampling. You will be ready to lead a team of research staff to ensure all Survation’s quantitative and qualitative research meets the highest industry standards.
You will be innovative and capable of reviewing research methodology by designing, developing and testing new research ideas.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including communicating statistical information in an accessible way.
- Excellent analytical skills, including good use of excel
- Knowledge of sampling methods
- Experience of the market research industry or related fields
- Experience of managing teams of people
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver work to tight deadlines
- Strong interest in and knowledge of politics and current affairs
- At least a working knowledge of SPSS software
- Client-facing experience
- Experience of developing / working with statistical models
- Experience of giving presentations involving data to non-academic audiences
- Experience working with print, broadcast and/or social media
- Experience of submitting academic or public sector tenders
Closing Date: 17th March
Applications to be sent in confidence to: